The Town Hall
Construction began in 1569 and finished in 1692. The clock tower was added in 1721.
Modelled on manor houses in the Minho style, this building has two staircases and balcony windows on the top floor. Access is through two arches at the side, through gates of wrought iron.
The lintel at the main entrance depicts $nbsp;the coat of arms of Portugal.
The Ceremonial Hall was restored by Master Ventura Profírio. It has two murals: one, a scene from the town in Bucolic style, the other from the Second World War, in which is inserted the famous painting The Scream of Münch. The four parishes of Castelo de Vide are represented in frescos on the ceiling.
Also in the Ceremonial Hall are exhibited the 'ceremonial staffs' once used by the town councillors